Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Note: (Updated)

Karam

I am in the process of trying to add nested comments to Israel Thrives and the process seems to have accidentally deleted comments.

Do me a favor and try to comment under this post so that I can see just what is going on with this.

Thanks,

Karam

Updates:

The new comments system seems to be working just fine.

The "recent comments" list is functioning again and I was able to restore the comments from previous weeks.

One significant difference is that in the comments, the most recent comments are at the top of the page rather than at the bottom of the page. I do not think that this is a problem, tho.

If you guys have any questions or concerns please let me know.

Second Update:

It seems as if the "recent comments" list is only accepting my comments for some reason. I'll work on it.

Third:

I switched "Recent Comments" to a Disqus widget which seems to have resolved the problem. In fact, the "recent comments" list is much improved, in my opinion.

I believe that we are good to go.

.

11 comments:

  1. Looks like "recent comments" may have kicked back in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So making the switch caused the comments to vanish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seemed to, but I was able to restore almost all of the comments from previous weeks.

    Let me know what you think, school, about the new system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I will. EoZ uses it also now. I find it a bit cumbersome, but it has a nice interface. A bit hard to make edits, at least on my computer where it shows a very small window of text.

    Was it hard to get it up and running.  Can you change back if you like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I suppose I could switch back if I want to, but I kinda like it.  I like the nesting function.  I like the "recent comments" list and I like the fact that I can edit comments without deleting those comments.

    So, for the time being, at least, I think we should keep the new system.  I do agree that the edit box is too small, tho.  That's quite true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who are you and what have you done with Doodad??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't sem to get disqus to use the doodad nickname....it seems to prefer ken cran ....an old nick.

    ReplyDelete