Monday, July 30, 2012

Where the Heck is Israel's Capital, Anyways?

Mike L.



{A Big Tip 'O the Kippa to Our Friend Shirl in Oz.}

By the way, when Laurie and I were in Tel Aviv, last New Year, we saw a Chassid in full get-up pushing a baby carriage down the street on roller-skates!

It's one of the most dynamic cities that I've been to, actually.

And the food was much better than I expected, as well... despite the fact that the falafel truck guy here in Oakland, during the Saturday farmers' market at Grand Lake, makes better falafels than any I have had anywhere, including Haifa, Tel Aviv, and Jerusalem.

It's sad, I know!

I wonder if Dusty would agree?

Hey, Dusty, have you had the falafel at the Grand Lake farmers' market?

4 comments:

  1. No, not yet. I've been fairly loyal to the falafel at AMBA in Montclair, mostly because I like the idea of supporting a kosher community gathering place. Having a kosher restaurant in the community is an asset to all of us- even if we don't keep kosher. Its part of building a strong local Jewish base.

    Dang. Now you've got me thinking about falafel, and Saturday is 5 whole days away.

    And in other falafel related news, a team in Jordan has wrestled the title of worlds biggest falafel ball from a California group

    http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/906764-worlds-largest-falafel-smashes-record-in-jordan

    Why are men so obsessed with size, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMBA in Montclair, eh?

      OK. I will check that out, so long as you agree to check out the falafel truck at Grand Lake.

      I do not know the guy's name but, damn!, that is good falafel.

      As for why men are obsessed with the size of falafel balls, well... I have no answer for you.

      Maybe someone wiser than me can tackle that one!

      Delete
  2. I make the best felafel!! Forget the bought stuff.

    They do however make the best gluten free bread I've ever tasted in Israel.

    ReplyDelete