Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hebron: Soldiers shoot Palestinian who threw firebomb

Mike L. 
Teenager who hurled Molotov cocktail at troops near checkpoint evacuated to local hospital with severe wounds after being shot in the chest 
IDF soldiers opened fire on a 17-year-old Palestinian who apparently hurled a Molotov cocktail in their direction during clashes near the Hashoter checkpoint in Hebron Thursday evening. The Palestinian sustained severe injuries...

The confrontations followed several days of violent riots in the region. Last week saw two incidents in which IDF troops were forced to retreat after being attacked by stone-throwing mobs, and on Tuesday an army vehicle caught fire while Palestinian protesters hurled Molotov cocktails and stones at soldiers in Naalin.
The Palestinians need to take responsibility for the foreseeable results of their own behavior.

The Jews of the Middle East are no longer dhimmis.   Those of us who live where Jews originally come from were second and third class citizens under the boot of Arab-Muslim imperialism for around thirteen hundred years but, with the fall of the Ottoman empire, those days are done.

Free at last.  Free at last.  Thank G-d Almighty, we are free at last.

And what that means is that it is no longer open season on the Jews in the Middle East.  And what that means is that the Arab-Muslim majority can no longer beat the holy crap out of Jews with impunity.

And what that means is that when they try to hurt us they may very well get it right back in their faces.

These are simple, obvious facts whether Peter Beinart or Jeremy Ben-Ami or "progressive Zionists" like it or not.

The main thing that Israel needs to do is declare her final borders.  Until she does that the Jews of the Middle East will remain hostages of the Palestinians, the larger Arab-Muslim world, the UN, the EU, and the western left.

Israel needs to free itself... and, thereby, free the rest of us, as well.

2 comments:

  1. "The main thing that Israel needs to do is declare her final borders. "

    Mike, I live in one of the safest countries of the world for Jews. Yet the rising tide of antisemitism hangs in the air across my county like the stench of a summer bushfire.

    This is my country. I can visit the national war memorial in my country's capital and I can place red poppies on the names of my very own ancestors who fought and died to make this place.

    I am not an alarmist. I do not make careless accusations of antisemitism because I understand what a vile thing this is in a world with a history as ours. I take no pleasure at all at having to say this.

    We are confronted with the worst resurgence of violent murderous antisemitism across the globe since the Nazi era. That is not alarmism. It is just the the simple truth.

    I have never felt more like a stranger in my own land than I do at this moment. How I cope with that is I guess my problem.

    I am inclined to agree with you about what the Israelis should do with the borders.. In fact I have always thought this.

    Yet I have no wish at all to tell the Israelis what they should do in a world like this. I simply feel unqualified.

    Whatever they decide for their country is OK by me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geoffff,

      There is no question in my mind that we are seeing a rising tide of anti-Jewish hatred throughout Europe and, as ever, the Middle East. What's unclear to me is the degree to which, in Europe, this hatred is mainly coming from the Muslim community or the Euro community. My suspicion, for obvious reasons, is that it is primarily rising out of the former, but also accepted and encouraged by the elites of the latter.

      I have never felt more like a stranger in my own land than I do at this moment.

      Now that is a terrifying statement and I cannot even begin to tell you how concerned I am to hear you say it. I have to say, the US seems blessedly free from this anti-Israel harassment. I worry some about the kids on the campuses on the coasts, but other than that, not so much.

      It's clear that there is anti-Israel erosion within the Democratic party, but for the most part the country remains friendly toward Israel, and from what I can tell, toward Jewish people.

      I have no wish at all to tell the Israelis what they should do in a world like this. I simply feel unqualified.

      Me, too.

      What pisses me off about these self-righteous Jewish leftists in the US, and elsewhere, who want to use the US government to pressure Israel to ethnically-cleanse J & S of Jews is that they do not have to live with the results of any such action.

      I understand.

      Nonetheless, as Jews, we are allowed to have our opinions concerning Israel and we are allowed to voice those opinions. And the truth is that until Israel frees itself than we cannot really be free ourselves.

      You and I.

      The Palestinians do not get a veto on Jewish autonomy in the land of Israel and the best way to finish the conversation is to draw those final borders.

      I very much believe that Israel needs to do so. I leave it to them to decide those boundaries, but I very much wish that they would wrap this up.

      In any case, peace to you, please, my brother.

      Delete