Sunday, August 7, 2016

"GUPS is the very purpose of this great university." - San Francisco State University President Leslie Wong

Michael L.

{Also published at the Elder of Ziyon and Israpundit.}

I remain dismayed at what looks to be a sincere disregard for the well-being of Jewish students on the campus of San Francisco State University.

This may come as something of a surprise to SFSU President Leslie Wong because I have no doubt that he thinks of himself as just as much a friend of the Jewish community as he is with every other ethnic group at the university.

Well, sadly, he isn't.

Let's look at two very simple facts.

1) Wong praised the General Union of Palestine Students (GUPS) and their advisor, Professor Rabab Abdulhadi, as representing the best values of the school in April of 2015.

2) GUPS calls for violence against Jews within Israel, if not elsewhere.

What I fail to understand is how he can possibly square this circle.

In a video created during a reception to celebrate the Arab and Muslim Ethnicities and Diasporas (AMED) initiative, and the creation of an undergraduate minor in that sub-field, Wong said:
"I want to offer my personal congratulations to the student leadership of GUPS. They have been an inspiration for me. And they have helped me when I have to tell other community groups to mind their own business. GUPS is the very purpose of this great university."


The student leadership of GUPS?

Would that include this former president of GUPS, Mr. Mohammad Hammad, and his famous blade from 2013?

gups

In case anyone has any difficulty reading Mr. Hammad's sentiment, he claims:
"I seriously can not get over how much I love this blade. It is the sharpest thing I own and cuts through everything like butter and just holding it makes me want to stab an Israeli soldier."
The case of Mohammad Hammad, from 2013, when he posted his violently-inclined social media bit, was well-known to President Wong long before he praised GUPS leadership as a personal inspiration in 2015. This story was well-covered and we know for a fact that Wong was well aware of it.

As I wrote at the time:
Tammi Benjamin, of the University of California, Santa Cruz, and the ACHMA Initiative seems to be taking the lead and "Dusty" at Pro-Israel Bay Bloggers put up a website devoted entirely to SFSU and its ongoing reputation for hostilities toward the Jewish State of Israel.  The Elder of Ziyon has also showed considerable interest and linked to one of my posts at the Times of Israel with the exceedingly sad title, "Canned Palestinian Children Meat."

Israellycool is covering it.

The Jewish Press is covering it.

The Simon Wiesenthal Center is involved.

The Times of Israel has taken notice.

The Jewish Journal Says Hello.
Furthermore, it must be noted that when the students of GUPS stand on the quad at Malcolm X Plaza and chant "Intifada! Intifada! Long live the Intifada!" they are quite literally calling for the murder of Jewish people.

What does SFSU President Wong think that "Intifada" means?

This material is largely a rehash, of course, but the issue hangs in there - as we see from this recent piece by columnist Cinammon Stillwell, published in the Independent Journal Review entitled, "Why Is A San Francisco University Secretly Partnering With An Arab College That Promotes Jihad?"

It is precisely because so many at San Francisco State University honestly believe that Arabs have good reason to seek the murder of Jews that Wong has little problem with student cries for Intifada.

In the mean time, I would recommend that Jewish students take up a martial art, perhaps Krav Maga.

9 comments:

  1. This Wong guy has a few moral screws loose I'd say. Or maybe he worships Moloch. I'd check his basement for bodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing normal about a guy who supports cheerleaders for Jew killers. There's a worm in his brain somewhere. But I get what you're saying.

      Delete
    2. Mike,
      What exactly do you mean by his ideology?
      I'm not sure I can stomach watching this entire video where this woman keeps referring to Palestine as if it is a word whose origins have anything to do with Arabs at all, rather than its accepted meaning for two thousand years as basically a western synonym for the land of Israel, or about Arab "diasporas." Who is responsible for these Arab diasporas? Don't the overwhelming number of Arabs in fact reside in sovereign Arab countries controlled by Arabs? I have a funny feeling she would like to pin these on Jews and West. Would she describe any person who left persecution or shitty prospects in their country of origin for a better life in, let's say, the US, as a diaspora? Or is this a special pleading using a word for the condition of 99% of Jews for two thousand years? "Palestine" and "Diaspora" are two words intimately connected with the story of the Jews. Fuck her.


      Delete
    3. Jeff, I just mean standard progressive post-colonial ideology.

      Remember, it was under Wong that the university put up a mural of Edward Said.

      Having said that, however, it's not as if we've had conversations on the matter.

      Delete
    4. O.K. I didn't realize he has been there that long. Edward Said was a real manipulator and liar.

      Delete
    5. Actually, I am mistaken.

      Wong was not president of the university when the mural went up in 2007.

      But what I am trying to get at, as I know you understand, is the blind-spot among university administrators.

      Delete
  2. I recommend more direct action. My aunt was a Soviet sniper in the GPW (great patriotic war) and by other aunt was an NKVD officer who rounded up and 'interrogated' collaborators.

    I hate the communists but I appreciate their tactics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your aunt was a Soviet sniper?

      Get the fuck out of town. Really?

      I don't know that I believe you, but will you tell us some of her story?

      Delete
  3. Yes my father was the youngest of three. His big sisters were in the War. Women were recruited as marksmen fairly often. Anyone who showed talent was given a rifle and trained up. His family was CPSU from way back so slots were given to Party members for 'political' roles in the NKVD or GRU depending on need. The Soviets were merciless when it came to collaborators. 100% fatality rate.

    ReplyDelete