Friday, April 17, 2015

Hillary on the Run

Michael L.

Hillary Clintonv2Laurie occasionally asks me how it is that I never seem to have writers' block?

My general response is that when you follow the Arab-Israel conflict there is always something horrific going on and, therefore, almost always something to opinionate about.

One of the big news stories over the last few days, however, is Hillary Clinton throwing her hat into the ring... if I may use an old cliché.

One of the things that horrifies me as an American is the prospect of yet another Clinton - Bush presidential fight to the death.  Or perhaps I should not refer to it as a "fight to the death" because the Bush family and the Clinton family never seem to actually go away.

They are like herpes, or something, they just hang on and on and on.

I noticed that on FOX News last night some blonde woman with very big eyes was complaining that Hillary is avoiding the press.  Well, wouldn't you if you were her?  I know that Rand Paul and that other schmuck from Texas have also tossed their own hats, but they have been giving lots of interviews, as has the young Floridian.  But, needless to say, they are endeavoring to introduce themselves to the American people.

We already know Hillary.  That much is certain.

I find it difficult to imagine that I will either vote for, or advocate for, any Democrat anytime in the near future.  And I say this as an almost lifelong Democrat!  However, when the Republican Party really kicks in their Attack Machine on this woman they will do more than anyone else to drive well-meaning people into the arms of Hillary Clinton.

I have a reasonably strong will - which is to say that I can be a remarkably stubborn pain in the ass - so the likelihood of me supporting Clinton is non-existent.  She was Secretary of State under Obama.  If she wants my support she will need to convince me, somehow, that under a Clinton Presidency (Mark II) that the United States will support its allies and oppose its enemies.

This is going to be a very hard sell because after helping to usher the Muslim Brotherhood into power in Egypt, and after the Benghazi disgrace, I am not sure that there is enough beer in the world to bring me around.

In any case, here in the US we have flung ourselves into another campaign season.

Oh, joy.

As it happens, however, I apparently do have writers' block, because I have nothing to say on the matter other than to suggest that the American press is going to turn Hillary's campaign into a ridiculous circus - with Saturday Night Live doing back-flips on the sidelines.

I guess that it is time to break out the popcorn and the cotton candy and the crack cocaine.

Thank G-d baseball season has arrived.

{Now, if it would only rain.}

6 comments:

  1. So is Liz Warren her VP pick? Or Chelsea Clinton?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way HRC picks a real progressive. She is only kissing up to Warren to keep the left wing of the Democratic party in-line. (Also there is no way the Democrats would run a female/female ticket)

      Her VP pick will be a firmly entrenched wall-street third way Democrat (in the off chance something happens to HRC, there is no way that they would want a real progressive to sneak into the White House)

      Delete
  2. Chelsea's daughter is already scheduled to run. The republic is dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the choices for a good candidate? Either party?
    Even though Warren (who won't run) and Sanders (who most likely won't run) are horrible towards Israel, their progressive credentials in helping America would make me vote for them.

    If I have to choose between a corporate dem, and a corporate republican, I will go with who I think is more friendly towards Israel. (Because if both will sell us Americans down the river, I may as well go with the one who will support Israel)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tuned into Fox a few times this week, and they are already overdoing Hillary. The Republicans really need to learn to hold their powder and strike more strategically.
    BTW Mike, what does Hillary stand for exactly?
    What is my old party offering up lately other than charges of racism against anyone disagreeing with the party line? Will they milk every well-meaning Jewish donor for all he or she is worth before dumping Israel?
    To get my vote back Democrats are going to have to start denouncing Obama and his terrible policies. A party that falls all over itself to support a president who doesn't find America as exceptional as he finds himself is not a group I want to be associated with.
    Obama wanted to transform America. He's certainly transformed me. His foreign policy has gotten me to re-evaluate my politics. Example: When he first took office I was a staunch Democrat.

    ReplyDelete