Monday, August 4, 2014

Red Soxian Pussitude

Michael L.

sox1
It cannot be easy being this guilt-ridden and unsure of one's own moral standing.

Red Sox is a pussitudinous pro-Israel advocate on Daily Kos.

I almost feel bad for the guy, or lady, given the weakness of his or her advocacy for the Jewish minority in the Middle East.

In a hate-filled Harris-Gershon recent "diary" she writes:

We've certainly disagreed in the past, but (0+ / 0-)
I have found a lot of solace in your diaries. It's hard to see both sides as human with not only legitimate grievances but also with significant faults.

I don't dare discuss the issue with either my in-laws who think anything and everything that Israel does is right and whatever maladies happen to Palestinians/other Arabs is their own doing or my conservative friends who are probably at least as much anti-Palestine as they are pro-Israel. And I also don't bother discussing it with some leftist anti-Israel types in my family who think everything is Israel's fault and Hamas is an insignificant player.

It's impossible--for me at least--to be zealously pro-Israel (and I'd gather I'm one of the more pro-Israel posters here, albeit less active than in years past) while also seeing the results of the IDF's actions. The pictures of children in particular are especially heart-rending. I don't believe that Israel ought to be held to any higher standard than any other country, but I also don't think that their actions in Gaza reflect what we would expect from any country period--high standards or not.

I'm insufficiently pro-Israel for the standard hardcore Zionist, and too pro-Israel for the standard anti-Zionist. What it effectively amounts to is me arguing what looks like one extreme to the hardline pro-I/anti-P types, and the other extreme to the hardline pro-P/anti-I types.

It's a lonely place to both acknowledge that Israel is acting badly, innocent Palestinians are suffering and dying at outrageous rates, and that Hamas is a bunch of bastards and Israel is not the devil incarnate. It feels like you need to be in one camp or the other, and that just doesn't work for me.

Unapologetic Obama supporter. 
by Red Sox on Mon Aug 04, 2014 at 02:21:45 PM PDT
Oh, no, where do I stand?

What do I do?

Are my people immoral?

Which camp should I stand in?

Again, with friends like this, who needs enemies?

Red Sox says this:
Israel's actions against Gaza defy even the slightest sense of respect for human life...
Oh, the poor soul must be so tortured, but how tortured must one be to find "solace" in a David Harris-Gershon hit piece against Israel?

Oh, boo-fucking-hoo.

How is the condition of your navel, Red Sox?

I have to say, if there is one thing that I can stand less than Jihadism, it is Jewish equivocation in the face of Jihadism and in the face of their western-left allies who we tend to finance it.

Hey, Sox, why don't you stand the fuck up for your own people?

The Jews of the Middle East are a people under siege by a much larger, hostile majority population and you're sitting there wondering if they are moral enough to deserve your support.

You are kind-of like a wad of wet tissue-paper on the bathroom floor.

You stand for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment