Friday, December 14, 2012

The Newtown Massacre

Mike L.

That's where I am from.

My father worked in Newtown for many years and we lived two towns over in Trumbull, Connecticut as I was growing up.  Traveling northward from Long Island Sound it goes Bridgeport, Trumbull, Monroe, Newtown.  I, in fact, worked there myself one summer during college.

This is just unbelievable.

Newtown is very much a quiet bedroom community.  It wasn't that long before I showed up there that it was basically just farm country.  It's a very nice area, actually and the last place on the planet where I would expect this kind of misery.

Newtown, Connecticut, is not the kind of place where anyone would expect bad things to happen.  In fact, Newtown, Connecticut, is not the kind of place where anyone would expect anything to happen... ever.

This is just tragic and it hits close to home for me, personally.  Our old house in Trumbull is maybe 5 or 6 miles from where the shooting took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School.  Sandy Hook is a sort-of local place name, an area within Newtown.

This is just tragic.

I just can't believe it.

Newtown?

Really??

Newtown??

I am just flabbergasted.

4 comments:

  1. So horribly senseless and tragic.

    Kindergarteners?

    My heart breaks for the families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crazies live everywhere it seems. This is so sad, especially at Christmas and involving little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn. I was largely away from all sources of news and information for much of the day until now, so I'm just reading. Horrible...

    ReplyDelete