The tidbit below was written by Maayana Miskin and published in Arutz Sheva.
Five people were injured Tuesday morning in a massive rock ambush near Jerusalem. An Arab mob hurled large stones at passing cars with Israeli license plates.Israel needs to show its Arabs that teaching their children that it's OK to attack Jews with rocks and boulders is not acceptable. I understand, of course, that stoning Jews is an old-timey Arab hobby and that it has many centuries of tradition behind it, but, still, it might be time to let it go.
Arutz Sheva spoke to one of the injured, Rabbi Kfir Getz. In a conversation held as an ambulance took him to a Jerusalem hospital, Rabbi Getz recalled the terrifying attack, and the split-second change that he says saved his life.
Rabbi Getz was on his way to his place of work near Gilo in Jerusalem when he encountered the mob. “I saw a boy around 13 years old with murder in his eyes and a giant stone,” he recalled.
A split second later, his windshield shattered and glass flew into the car as the first rocks hit.
Israel very much needs to crack down on this kind of thing.
From the comments:
4. Where are the arrests?
So in Israel if are in a group and you attempt to murder people you are just dispersed? WTF? Arrest them all and make them hire lawyers and pay fines and sit in jail. That is what is supposed to happen to criminals.
Evan, St Petersburg (22/10/13)Yes, arresting the little bastards would be a good place to start, don't you think?
5. Obviously Jews are not afforded police protection.But any efforts at Jewish self-defense will be regarded as fascistic acts of aggression by the UN, the EU, and our progressive-left friends here in the United States.
Consequently the Jewish people must equip itself with instruments for self defense. And use such instruments as need be if attacked.
SHmuel, Eretz Israel (22/10/13)
6. Stones KillYes, well, that's one point of view, now isn't it? Of course, Belle is correct. These acts of violence by Arab teenagers against Jews in Israel are part of the larger ongoing Arab-Muslim war against the Jews of the Middle East. They are essentially ground troops within the larger project of harassing the Jewish minority in that part of the world. Meanwhile, our friends who concern themselves with little things like "social justice" and "human rights" consider the majoritarian aggressors to be the victims and the minority victim population - which is the Jewish population - to be the aggressors.
When will the Israeli Gov't describe what is going on as what it is, WAR, and start treating the perpetrators as what they are, enemy soldiers. The situation is not going to go away by ignoring what it is. The only way to win is by killing the enemy, whether they are hiding behind "innocent children and women".
Belle, USA (22/10/13)
9. Arabs with rocks"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." - Gandhi
I think that any driver who is attacked should *deliberately* (if possible) drive right into the mob, and hopefully kill a few of the murderous vermin.
Gavriela, usa (22/10/13)
Of course, Gandhi was also an anti-Zionist. Just sayin.'
13. Drivers, carryI particularly like the little prayer directly after the call for retaliatory violence. Might as well cry out, "Allahu Akbar!"
rifles, shoot the rock-throwers. Amen !!!
A, PG BC CA (22/10/13)
Look, obviously I am not going to condone vigilante retaliation against such behavior, but Israeli and Jewish frustration at the attempts to murder Jews on the roads of Israel are very well understandable. I empathize with their desire to strangulate the little bastards, but I would hope that the Israeli government could take the necessary steps to quell this kind of behavior.
Can they not?
14. As long as traitorous leftists rule,this will continuePeople like "progressive Zionist" Jon Segall consider the late Meir Kahane to be the devil. But, of course, he's just one of any number of Jewish conservatives that Jewish progressives love to demean and spit hatred at. A big part of the reason that I sometimes stand up for Pamela Geller is because she is an object of hatred among leftists within the Jewish community, so naturally I come to her defense when I can. I do not have to agree with her on everything to recognize that she's fighting the fight that progressives would be fighting if they actually believed in their own values. She opposes the violence and human rights violations associated with the movement for Islamic Supremacism. She opposes the calls for genocide of the Jews. She opposes female genital mutilation. She opposes the practice of killing one's daughter for the crime of promiscuity or the crime of being accused of promiscuity. And she opposes hanging gay people from cranes and is willing to say so.
Is this why Jews came back to their homeland after 1900 years? So that a Jew in his own capital city would not be sure with his life when driving through certain neighborhoods.There is only one solution to this problem,and we all know what it is,even the criminally insane delusional traitorous leftist's know it,that solution was articulated by a certain rabbi 25 years ago,and for that he was thrown out of that insane asylum called the Knesset
Chaim Schonbrun, Brooklyn ny (22/10/13)
I would certainly rather stand with her than with the people who are inclined to give such behavior a pass, such as our current president of the United States.
As for Kahane, I oppose turning Israel into a theocratic state and I oppose the idea of the transference of unruly Arabs out of the country. However, I do think that they need to be made to understand that violence against the Jewish people will simply not be tolerated and that Israel should strengthen measures in order to get that message across.
In no uncertain terms.