Thursday, August 16, 2012

10 Years and the Beautiful Upper Sacramento


Mike L.

Tomorrow is our ten year wedding anniversary.

Laurie and I are having friends stay at the house this weekend as we head up to the village of Dunsmuir in beautiful Northern California along the Upper Sacramento River near Mount Shasta. We are not exactly rugged outdoorsmen, but we like to get out there when we can. We will be in pursuit, fly rod in hand, of the hard-fighting native rainbow trout in the Upper Sacramento and the McCloud rivers.

I truly feel blessed.

I mean, really, how many men can claim that their wives want to go trout fishing for their 10th anniversary?

I love her with all my heart.

And I will not be around much this weekend.

7 comments:

  1. "I mean, really, how many men can claim that their wives want to go trout fishing for their 10th anniversary?"


    Mike I need to have serious talk with Laurie. She's letting the side down!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you can talk to her on a fishing trip with both of them! ;)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to you. And my sympathies to Laurie. :-)

    Seriously, I am very happy for both of you, and hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete