Friday, April 19, 2013

After Boston attack: US Muslims reliving post 9-11 experience

Mike L. 

{Cross-posted at Geoffff's Joint and Pro-Israel Bay Bloggers.}
Muslims in the US are living in fear, praying that those responsible for the bombings in Boston will be apprehended and shown to be non-Muslim. Over the last few days, reports of harassment of Arabs and Muslims have been coming up throughout the US, especially at places of employment and in schools.

Apprehensions were raised among Arabs and Muslims after the New York Post published the photos of two Muslim teens, who the paper's headlines claimed, were wanted by authorities for questioning in relation to the Boston bombings.

A short time after the attack, the main headline on the newspaper’s site had stated that at least 12 people had been killed and that the main suspect was a Saudi who had been arrested by Boston Police. Law enforcement quickly denied the reports, saying they had not arrested a Saudi national, or anyone else.
The link above is to a Y-Net article, but the Boston Globe is reporting that two Chechen immigrants, brothers, are suspects for the attack in Boston.

I know that some people are crowing that these people are Muslim.

Speaking for myself, I have no intention of using this space to slander Muslims because of this.

The Jewish people in the Middle East have lived under Islamic supremacy for thirteen of the last fourteen centuries.  That's an historical fact, but it does not mean that we need to stir the pot and start screaming our heads off.

I still want to know more about what was behind this and why they did it - if they did it. Tamerlan Tsarnaev was apparently shot dead by the cops, but until such a time as his brother, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, starts screaming "Alahu Akbar!" and "Death to America!" I am emphatically NOT going to go under the assumption that this was a Jihadi attack.

It might very well have been, but I do not know that to be the case and the fact of the matter remains that the Muslim population in the United States is a small minority and if they have fears of persecution, those fears should be considered and not denigrated.

Nonetheless, I have considerable faith in the American public and I do not believe for one second that Americans will launch into to some anti-Muslim frenzy.  We didn't after 9-11 and we're not going to do so now.

6 comments:

  1. Newton, MA is one of the nexi of fervant liberal pro radical Islam antisemitism in America. This week alone there were two news stories about school books they use that came from Saudi Arabia chock full of blood libels and lies ansd it's the Jews there defending it. So here's what you do, Mass, round up all the 'martyrs', 'militants', 'freedom fighters' and such from who originate from Chechnya, Yemen, Saudi Arabia et al and you drop them all in Newton and declare it an Islamic Autonomous Region. In fact most of the liberal Jews there now would be thrilled since they're already bowing and scraping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston, much like Newtown, is close to my heart.

    Newtown is right next door to where I was raised, but Boston was always within spitting distance, as well, and I have had friends in and around Boston since I was a kid.

    When I was at UCONN we would often go up to Boston to visit people and have a good time and, perhaps, watch the Red Sox.

    The Newtown massacre was harder on my heart because I used to work in Newtown. I know that community and it's a small rural community.

    Boston is a world-class city, but it's one of my cities, so to speak and therefore I just want to be as fair as possible so as not to use the dead and maimed as a weapon against our fellow Americans.

    There is a part of me that feels the need to simply back off a little.

    I'll wait and watch, but I do want to hear what you guys have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typo correction:

    ...compassionate person...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan, if I may say so, I think that you are missing my point.

    My point is that American-Muslims represent a distinct minority in the United States and when they get slandered it creates potential harm to all individuals within the group.

    I oppose this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike,

    I, too, don't want harm to come people who are culturally Muslim nor to anyone else.

    To prevent harm to everyone, including people who are culturally Muslim, what needs to be done is to call out and dispel the endemic pervasive institutional anti-Jewish bigotry and, as part of that, and thereby, call out and stop the U.S. government's and the U.S. mass media's, and U.S. academia's, collusion with the Islamic supremacist political movement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the "Boston Islamic Society Cultural Center":

    Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and the Imam
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUYIHRRaPmA

    ----

    BTW: I knew, years ago, about the events regarding the Muslim-Brotherhood-affiliated "Boston Islamic Society Cultural Center" documented in this video. Around the time those events were happening I saw videos that, and a document presentation by Charles Jacobs that, documented those events (the building of the "Boston Islamic Society Cultural Center"). It was one of the first things that alarmed me to the extent of problem -- the infiltration into the U.S by the Islamic supremacist political movement and, as the main part of that, the collusion with it by U.S. governmental authorities and by the U.S. news media AND BY AMERICAN SO-CALLED "JEWISH LEADERS". I was horrified by the U.S. governmental support, financial and political, for the "Boston Islamic Society Cultural Center", and by footage I saw of Boston local TV news media's superficial bigoted coverage obfuscating for the "Boston Islamic Society Cultural Center". In footage that I saw of TV news media coverage that I saw, a representative of the "Boston Islamic Society Cultural Center" bold-faced lied, smiling, to the credulous local news media reporters who lapped-up everything he said -- it was amazing to me -- it was horrific to me. And I was horrified by the marginalization of the Jewish whistleblower, Charles Jacobs (and his fellow whistleblower, Ahmed Mansour -- a truly "moderate" (non-orthodox -- non-Shariah-adherent, non-Shariah-proponent) Muslim).

    ----

    Charles Jacobs' organization:

    Americans for Peace & Tolerance
    http://www.peaceandtolerance.org

    The Imam and the Governor
    http://www.peaceandtolerance.org/index.php/2012-07-26-13-33-42/the-imam-and-the-governor

    ----

    Posts about the "Boston Islamic Society Cultural Center", on the blog Solomonia by Martin Solomon:

    http://www.solomonia.com/blog/fastsearch?query=%22islamic+society+of+boston%22

    ----

    The Silencing, By Martin Solomon

    "Before CAIR and the Flying Imams...the Islamic Society of Boston had already pioneered the use of lawsuits to silence their critics and the media."

    http://pjmedia.com/blog/the_silencing/

    ReplyDelete